If you’ve been in an auto accident (major or minor) and are experiencing neck pain, back pain, headaches, etc., you are eligible to receive treatment for those injuries using PIP. PIP is the abbreviation for Personal Injury Protection coverage. In Utah, it is mandatory that vehicle insurance policies include this type of insurance coverage. Most people just call it “no-fault” insurance. This means that you have coverage for medical/chiropractic care without any out of pocket expense to you, regardless of who was at-fault. Even if your accident was 6-12 months ago, if you are still in pain and suffering from the accident, you can still use your PIP.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your own auto insurance (PIP) will pay the initial medical bills, usually $3,000.
- Your own PIP coverage will also provide coverage to the people in your car. The people in the other car are covered by that car’s PIP insurance.
- In a pedestrian accident, the pedestrian gets PIP coverage from the vehicle that struck him.
- After the PIP benefits are paid out, the insurance company whose driver didn’t cause the accident will try to get its PIP payout back from the other, at-fault insurance company. But those negotiations don’t involve the drivers.
- Your auto premiums will NOT increase.
- You will have NO out of pocket expense.
- We’ll do ALL insurance billing and paperwork.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Call us and make an appointment.
- Bring your insurance card and claim number.
- Get the care you need and heal from your injuries.